looking for right window parts to buy

A home owner says:

Hello,

All my house windows are 15 years old. Since last year, most windows have lifting

problem, caused by broken plastics, as shown in attached photos. Since I can't identify Window brand. Hope you can help to find the right parts for me. I'd order those parts for all 25 windows replacement.

Thanks,

Jizhong Li

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Unfortunately when these plastic caps are broken down you need an all new balance, as they cannot be repaired or replaced. What's more, this kind of balance isn't made anymore--you can replace it with one of our tilt window channel balances. To know which none, we will need to see the bottom fitting of the balance; whatever is attached will clue us in as to the proper replacement. Many thanks.

A home owner from NJ says:
Dear Bob,
Thanks lot for your reply. Bottom part photos were added in the attached file, hope can help you select the proper parts for me. Once confirmed, please let me know the next step.
If possible please provide options for me to choose.

Regards,
Jizhong
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. OK, we now know this is an old crossbow balance. This can be replaced by our Series 795 Channel Balance. See the video below for details.

A home owner from NJ says:
Dear Bob,

Additional information is shown in the photo and hope you can finalize the parts for me. Please tell how to place the order. For 15 lb window, what's the unit price?
What's price difference if order more?

Thanks,
Jizhong
Profile picture of Bob

Hi Jizhong, sure. If your old crossbow balance is 30-1/2" long, then you need the S795-30 30" Channel Balance. If your balance's old shoe is 1-1/4" wide, then you can use the shoe that comes by default with the Series 795 (our 15-195). For a 15 lb window sash, you'll want to select a stamp option of 30B. Finally, for your pivot bar, double-check your hole spacing and compare it with the 26-021. I believe this is right, but double-check to be certain, being sure to measure from the center of each mounting hole. 

All pricing is listed on the product pages, and all orders can be made via the online store. If you need anything else, just ask. Many thanks.

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.