looking to adapt new residential storm door from outswing to inswing

A home owner from Boston Mass says:
I see the inswing handle ( 40-028) and the inswing bracket (40-006). What type of closer would be needed? Is there other hardware needed as well?

Thank you.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Michele. I don't think you need a specific inswing door closer. The 40-006 bracket allows you to convert most standard closers to work in that capacity. You can see our entire selection of applicable storm door closers here. The best match will depend on what you have installed on your door currently.

A home owner from Boston Mass says:
Hi Tom -Thanks for you reply. I'm actually buying a new storm door and I want to make sure I have all info to give to my contractor. Where would the closer be mounted?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

If you have a door closer similar to the 40-077, The 40-006 bracket will get mounted to the top of the door on the hinge side on the inside of the house. The closer will get mounted to the top inside of the door frame. Take a look at the diagram related to the 40-006.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)