missing balancers?

A quick learner from spokane, wa says:
I own a home and have a single hung aluminum window without balancers. Does not tilt in/out. The code on the sticker reads model:8130 DH-C20. Mfg: Northwest Alum. The window can be opened, but nothing to support and it does rock left/right as it opens closes. No tension, just a loose sash in the frame. Looking for any and all parts to make it operational without replacing the frame. Your help is greatly appreciated.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Without the original balances to go by, it will be very difficult to determine what kind of balance you need. This is a commercial thermal break style window used in high rises. Do you have another window the same size like this that still has its balances and top nylon sash guide?
A quick learner says:
Unfortunately I do not. It's the only SH in the house. Is it possible that we can find something that may work just to make it functional?
Profile picture of Paul
After some research, we believe your window uses the Series 385 channel balance. I think there is a chance this will work, but of course that's just an educated guess.

Now we just need to figure out the proper strength and size. If you give us the visible glass height of your sash, as well as the weight of the sash, we can figure that out.

For the top sash guide, remove the old one and show us a photo of the hole pattern. I will also need its dimensions, especially the width of the sash channel and location of the holes.
A quick learner from Spokane, WA says:
Thanks! The visible glass height is 27". The width of the top sash guide is 5/8". The channel itself is 1" wide. There is a 102 inside the top sash guide, and there is only 1 screw hole in the sash. Photos are attached. I'm happy to try the series 385 if we can determine the length, strength and guide style.

Thanks for your help!
Top sash guide
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks! Based on your measurements, I recommend the S385-28, which is 28" long. I also recommend the 18-008.

You will need the exact weight of the sash to confirm the proper stamp option. We have a chart on the S385-28 store page you can use as a reference.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.