need replacement casement window operator

A quick learner from Vermont says:

Entry Guard TRUTH is stamped on the long arm.

20810 is stamped on the shorter arm .

40471 is stamped into the mounting plate.

I am not sure which parts to measure (I don't know the names of specific parts). The problem is that the gear teeth have worn down on the gear that makes contact with the " barrel" part that the handle attaches to. I don't want to take the part out as the window will fall if I do...so will wait to get a replacement part and then have a friend come help. Thanks for any recommendations!

Annie 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageXaK2dU.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageJcHdzA.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageQpWiuA.gif
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Annie.

Thanks so much for your patience during our busy season. Start by taking a look at our 39-031 & 39-032 or the 39-155 & 39-156 operators. Carefully compare our dimensions to yours and see which ones match up to your original assembly. 

A quick learner from Vermont says:
So close and yet, "no cigar"! The short arm of my window operator has an upward offset and the peg/plate it attaches to on the window would need to be replaced in order to retrofit with your 39-031 in order to have the pin in the correct position. Any further suggestions? Do you sell the plates that screw onto the window? See photo.
Again, thank you!
still hopeful,
Annie
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImage9Y6xMt.gif
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we don't carry the 39-031 and 39-032 operators with an upward offset. These used to be made with that same offset, but not anymore. The direction of the offset doesn't matter too much in the long run. In cases like yours, you would just kind of have to bend down that short arm to snap on the bracket. See if our 39-509 and 39-510 brackets match up to yours. 

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.