old style window operator

A quick learner from Williston park, NY says:
We are looking for the right part for the old-style window that is already installed at our place. We do not know the part name/number.
Some windows open right side and some left side.
once we know the right item we can place the order for both left and right opening.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 4.01.06 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 4.01.20 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 4.01.40 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 4.01.57 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 4.02.09 PM.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can definitely help with this operator, but some important details are missing. Specifically, I need to see a picture of the end of the long straight arm. Please detach yours from the window track and show it to me. I am confident I can find a good match for you from there.

Hey - unfortunately we can search the lock right now. Can you suggest an operator that could possibly work best per your knowledge? Maybe you can send us two products that you think might work and we can compare them with our existing operator.

Thank you for your time,
Akash
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-11 at 2.50.18 PM.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-11 at 2.50.51 PM.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-11 at 2.50.22 PM.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Akash. It looks like you're showing me a different operator in these photos. Is this another part you needed? It's important to note that this is not the same part as you showed me in your first batch of photos.

Concerning the first batch of photos specifically, I did have two parts in mind, yes. See our 39-253RB and 39-439B, respectively. The video below will explain to you where the important differences are. In either case, you would also need a new 39-452 cover/handle.

As for the second operator, it is similar to the 39-318, but you should review our dimensions and photos to confirm.
Hello,

My apologies! I attached the incorrect set of photos the second go around. We are looking for an operator that would work for the first set of photos and please check the other window we are looking for the operator as well.

Also, I noticed you sent me a link for the cover and hangle. Is there a video on how to remove that? When we tried we could only remove the handle, but not the cover.

Thanks,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 9.59.02 AM.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 9.59.01 AM.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 9.59.00 AM (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 9.59.01 AM (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 9.59.00 AM.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Concerning the cover on your old operator, it may not be removable. The manufacturer, Truth, recently changed how these are made; the older style had the cover fixed to the operator. It was physically part of the mechanism and couldn't be removed without breaking it.

The new style available now is the "Encore" version, which has removable covers. That's the type we sell now.

Hopefully that clarifies things.

Gotcha!

So does that mean 39-253RB and 39-439B work for first set photos and third set photos? Of course, we will confirm RH vs LH as our window.
Profile picture of Tom

I think one of those two will work, but I'm not sure which one. The video I posted above will explain the difference between them and how you can determine the better option.

There is also the possibility that you have a third, unrelated type of operator,  but I think that will be very unlikely. Odds are you have one of the two mentioned. I feel pretty confident about that, at least.

Thank you, I will order the operators accordingly.

Another question - about the dimple clips. Do we have to order LONG THUMB SCREWS and a THREADED RIVNUT? Our windows are metal and not wood. Our current dimple clips look like such (see image below) We are attached by screws.

Let me know what the best product is?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-13 at 11.42.46 AM.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-01-13 at 11.43.09 AM.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

You are showing two different types of clips and fasteners. The one clip is held in with a sheet metal screw. I would not use a rivet nut and threaded thumb screw. I suggest taking a look at the 33-089 #6 screw to see if this is the size you now have. See if you can use a thicker #8 screw like the 33-090. That would be worth considering if the hole has gotten enlarged over the years, which sometimes happens. As for the other clip you show, that looks like you have a type of pop rivet like the 33-005. Maybe the pop rivet is worn and needs to be replaced.

Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 70-014 window screen clip
How to install the 70-014 window screen clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.