ordering channel balance

A handy person from Longmont Colorado says:

I would like to replace the channel balance springs in two of my Weather Shield Visions 1000's. They are stamped 33DH CL or GL. The glass is tempered so the active window weighs 30 lbs. They are single hung tilt. I would like to get the whole assembly with the knife lock attached. Since I installed them 20 years ago they have always heavy to lift open. Do I need a larger spring or something? Also I tried to take one spring out and there is not a place in the window channel where the knife lock shoe can be removed. Do I need to cut a notch in the vinyl to remove the knife lock shoe? If so where is the best place to cut the notch? See Attached photos. Thank you, I look forward to your reply. Thanks, Pat.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 084.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 085.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 087.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 088.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This looks like a match for our Series 751 balance. According to your old stamp, the length of the metal channel would be 34". Referring to the chart on our S751-34 store page, the 33TG stamp can hold up  29 thorugh 36 pounds, which should be perfect for your sash weight.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.