patio glass door, lock does not work

A home owner from 91604 says:
Hello, I am looking to repair the door lock or replace the whole handle & lock assembly.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagedA70El.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageBBd7op.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageZQUAz7.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageP0ZC5b.gif
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

See our 82-262 Handle Set. Look over the dimensions and see if you think this could work for you. 

A home owner from 91604 says:
Thanks for the response. The holes to mount the handle on mine are 3 3/4 inches, looks like this is 3 1/2. Do you have any for 3 3/4 inches?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I am afraid we don't have a handle set with that exact hole spacing. Drilling holes to adapt a new handle set to your door may be your only option. However, I'm less confident the 82-262 will work for you now if the hole spacing is off; it makes me think there's a chance that something has the exact same locking mechanism as your old handle set. If it does not, then I don't think it's worth the chance of trying to make it work with your door. Instead, see our 82-005 Handle Set. This handle set has hole spacing of 4-15/16", so you'll definitely need to drill new holes for it. But its lock is surface mounted, or rather built into the inner pull, so it can work on a wide variety of doors. You could even use the 82-306 Keyed Outside Pull with this handle set and give yourself a key lock too if you wanted it. let me know if you have any other questions. 

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.