patriot balance

A home owner from USA says:
I believe that I likely have patriot or MW windows. I need to replace one channel balance. The balance lists 32B on it, so I was anticipating buying two S795-32 balances. I believe that these come with all of the necessary parts. Can you confirm that this model will work with my window?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I do not know if our Series 795 is what your windows use. The stamp is not used to identify Series, it just indicates spring strength. If you are not sure if the Series 795 matches your hardware, please remove the balance from the window and take a few pictures of it for me to look at. I would specifically need to see the bottom shoe and whatever is attached to the top of the metal channel. Thanks!
A home owner from Charlottesville says:
This is the portion that is broken. As the bottom portion of the frame is broken also, I can not easily remove the window to show you the bottom. The bottom appears to be appropriate based upon the images that I saw. If you need the top attachment point, I can photograph that.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you just posted a picture of the broken pulley hardware in the balance. This cannot be replaced by itself, so you need a new balance. We will need to see more in order to identify the balance as a whole. Seeing the bottom shoe and top attachment are equally important.

Make sure to raise the sash a few inches before you tilt it in. It should be easier to remove, then.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)