pella window but not pella crank

A home owner from OH says:
When I bought my house the original owners told me these were Pella windows original to the house built in 1962. They have held up and do not leak air. Some cranks are broken due to functionality of lefty is not loosey, it is tighty and vice versa on righty. I just spoke to Pella parts and said they are not Pella. Help, would like to fix broken ones and maintain them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210630_141819.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210630_141836.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This is very strange, because despite it being a Pella window this honestly reminds me of an old Andersen operator that is no longer made. Take a look at the 39-389 long-arm operator kit, which is used on newer Andersen windows. It might be your best option to replace your operator.

A home owner from OH says:
Thank you, Bob, the part to listed looks correct. I measured the arms and they are 15 inches each. In order to properly replace mechanism, what are all the parts needed to order. Is this something someone with an above entry level but still not a pro can do? What do you suggest? Is it an instructional video away from fixing once my order were to arrive?
Is there a cover or anything that goes with this set up? I understand I need to also order the cranks.
Thank you so much for your feedback amd shared insight.

Sincerely,
Windy
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Speaking from personal experience, I would say that this is an intermediate level project. While the 39-389 works in more or less the same way, the design of the base is slightly different and it may require cutting the sill trim or even the sill itself to fit the new shape. If you don't have experience with that then you may want the help of a local professional. It may also work as-is, so it can't hurt to test it out first. 

As for other parts you need, other than the 39-286 handle you should be good to go. The 39-389 already comes with its guide bar and shoes.

How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.