pivot lock shoe

A quick learner says:
What pivot lock shoe should I buy? Please see the attachment.
Thanks
MD
A customer submitted image of their top sash guide.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, MD. Could I see a few pictures of your pivot shoe removed from the window? Can you also tell me its thickness and width? That will help us locate a replacement.

Take a look at this tutorial video for the proper way to remove a pivot shoe:
A handy person says:
Both Pivot shoes are broken into pieces. Could I measure the slot when the weather is nice?
Thanks
Mindy
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mindy. You can get back to us whenever you wish! However, while knowing the dimensions of the slot would be helpful, the most important dimension we need to know is the width and thickness of the whole pivot shoe.
A handy person says:
The width is 1 1/4 inch and thickness is 1/2 inch.
Thanks
Mindy
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
How about our 15-046? Take a look at that and see how it matches up to your hardware.
A handy person from VA says:
Paul,
I looked at 15-046. Mine is straight but two of yours slots are not straight. Do you think it would fit?
Thanks
Mindy
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The angled slots are for easy installation and for securing the spiral in the pivot shoe. While not totally necessary, they do make things easier.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.