pivot shoe

A contractor from Cape Neddick, Maine says:
I am looking for a pivot shoe that looks like your 15-208, has the same dimensions and has a rear brake pad but accepts a 26-068 pivot bar. The shoe is for a sliding window so it is in the head and sill of the frame and has no springs attached. It's sole purpose is to lock the window in place when you tilt the window to wash. I am wondering if the 15-046 would work. It is the same width & height and the length doesn't matter as there is nothing but dead space under the length of the sash.
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I don't think the 15-046 will work for you. The 15-208 and 15-046 have different dimensions entirely. You have a very peculiar set up on your sliding window. It sounds like a double hung window turned on its side to act as a horizontal slider. Looking at your photo, your sample does look like the 15-208, but are you sure yours is only 1/2"? Could I maybe see a few pictures of this shoe installed?
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.