popup stopper on a Certainteed window.

A quick learner from michael_roan@yahoo.com says:

I need to replace the popup stopper at the bottom frame of a Certainteed window.
It's those things you push down and lock in place to allow window to open all the way.
And if you slide and pop it up then it will allow windows to open just a little bit.

Please see the attached picture.
User submitted a photo of a vent lock.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
This part is is called a vent latch, or vent lock. The one you have, specifically, is no longer available. We do carry the 26-148 vent latch, but I don't believe the dimensions are the same. Carefully look it over to confirm.

If that won't fit, take a look instead at the after market vent latch, 26-387. This could be a good substitute since it mounts directly to the window frame. See what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)