replace 2 channel balance mechanisms, were missing in window in 10 year old house i bought

A home owner from 70471 says:

Photo 1 is the bottom mechanism attached to an aluminum square bar imprinted with 26B , BSI VL. The bar measures 1/2 in by 1/2 inch.

The bottom plastic mechanism measures 1 1/2 inches wide x 2 inches long x 1/2 inches deep.

The second photo is the top of the aluminum 26 inch bar showing that it has ?wood? inside with double nylon string coming through to attach to a 1 inch long by 1/4 inch wide flattened hook that inserts into a hole in the top of the plastic channel.

Photo 3 is a picture of the bottom mechanism attached to the metal channel. I need all of these parts for each side of the bottom sash of a tilt vinyl window, no brand on the window. Window is 5 ft tall

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FILE_862750206777746004
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FILE_3725967343167939302
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FILE_2201707289412501956
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! thanks for posting. We can definitely supply this balance, but it's a custom setup due to the attachments you describe. We would use our S795-26, but we'd replace the bottom shoe for our 15-224 inverted link and the top screw tab for our 15-198 hook. We'd also be using the 26B stamp. Does that look good to you? 

If so, please let me know how many you need and I can email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

As I understand, I will need two of S795-26 channel balance which come with a bottom shoe which you want to ?replace? with 15-224 inverted link. Do you mean that '

1) the foot that comes with the channel will not work

2) It appears that the 15-224 inverted link that you recommended goes with the 15-216 T-lock Pivot Shoe, which is OK if I understand correctly.  Will I also need a new pivot bar. The bar from an identical window is stamped 25099, and I have attached pictures and dimensions

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FILE_4605941240091058121
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FILE_5748013418625238726
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FILE_1490442132278148958
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200220_134830.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FILE_1158938145088447483
Profile picture of Tom

That's right. We're removing the T lock shoe that comes with the S795-26 by default and installing the 15-224 inverted link instead, which is what you have now. We're also installing a 15-198 hook on the top.

There's no reason to get a new pivot bar because you'll be using the same shoe you have now. Our 15-224 link snaps into it the same way your old link does.

I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for the setup I've outlined. To reiterate, we're using our S795-26 channel balance with a 26B, but we're removing the bottom shoe to replace with the 15-224 and we're removing the top screw tab to replace with the 15-198 hook.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If you don't think the combination of attachments I went over is right, let me know and we can work from there.

everything sounds great EXCEPT I don't have a bottom shoe. All of the channel bar, shoe, pivot bar etc. were not there at all. Pictures are from a window that has all the parts. The 15-216 T lock Pivot shoe seems to look a lot like the shoe on the window that has all its parts. Sorry to be a pain, but I think we are almost all there. I assume the length of string in the channel bar is a standard length so I don't need to do a measurement from bottom of shoe to top of hook?
Profile picture of Tom

Oh, I see. I wasn't aware that you needed everything. The 15-216 is the right pivot shoe, yes. This is fully compatible with the 15-224 inverted link. 

I'm not sure about your pivot bar. Please give us a little more time to research something that matches what you have here that is also compatible with the 15-216. I'll try to get back to you ASAP once I have a solution.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, I think I can help. Our 26-403 pivot bar will fit into the 15-216 pivot shoe. The tip might be too long, ours is 5/8" to your 7/16", but being die cast, it can be cut down easily with a hacksaw.

One last question- I have a 5 foot tall window and I assume the S795-26 channel has the correct length cord in it for this window.
If this is so, I would like to purchase #2- S795-26 channels, #2 15-216 pivot shoes, #2-15-198 balance clip attachments and #2 15-224 inverted links. I feel that I can reuse the existing pivot bars since all the dimensions except length are the same as the one you offer (26-403 pivot bar) and which you said I would have to cut off anyway. Thank you, let me know what to order and how. Your service has been remarkable.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you so much! We try our best. I agree with your assessment on the pivot bars. As long as the old ones aren't damaged then you should be fine. As for the balance size, our balance is 26" same as yours, so that should also be fine.

To place an order for these parts, you just go to their respective store pages in our catalog, which are linked all throughout this post. You set the quantity you want and then click "Add to Cart." When everything is added to your cart, you click "Checkout" in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.