replace springs on Peachtree windows

A quick learner from Lapeer, mi says:
I have 2 windows which are identical in size, both with broken springs. the u-channels are 16.25 inches in length .5 inches wide. the number stamped on the u channel is "4240" I see the 16.25 assemblies but which is correct with the "4240" stamp.

Thank you,
Fritz
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm not sure. Your stamp is a little different. If you're 100% sure the S745-16 is what you have, I recommend weighing your sash on a scale and referring to the chart we show on the S745-16 store page.
A quick learner from Lapeer, mi says:
Hi, thanks. I weighed the window pane on a postal scale and got about 25#. So would the stamp option be the 15.25-6?

Thank You,
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the 15.25-6 balance won't support that kind of sash weight. However, it is also the heaviest available spring strength they make for it. Can you triple check the weight of the sash?
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.