replacement balance and other hardware

A friend from Park City Utah says:

I have some tilt double hung windows that have issues with the balance. The side mount pivot bar snapped between at the screw hole and broke the shoe. They are 25 inch balances with the hook at the top vs the screw in attach point. I want to replace 4 balances on two different 25# windows. The 25 inches is the metal part of the channel not including the shoe. They are C type plain channels. Which parts do you recommnend?

The balancer model number seems to be a 25E BSI? and the shoe is 1 1/4Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200215_113743.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200215_113714.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200215_115628.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200215_115652.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! We can definitely supply these balances, but they'll have to be custom made. Specifically, we'll be using our S795-25 channel balance, but we'll swap the bottom shoe out for our 15-224 inverted link and the top screw tab for our 15-198 hook. Does that look good to you? We'll also be using the 25E stamp, of course.

Assuming that's accurate, I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 4.  Let me know if you need me to change any of these details.

As for the pivot shoe, see our 15-216. Yours appears to still be in good condition so you could probably reuse it. I'm not sure about the pivot bars. Can you show me an undamaged version?

A friend from Park City Utah says:

I would like 4 full sets please, and here are the pics of intact bars. I prob should get 8 of those. 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200218_104840.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200218_104830.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200218_104821.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Oh, I see. So to be clear, you want 8 balances? That's no issue at all. I'll resend that order link now with an updated quantity. 

As for the pivot bar, I'm afraid we don't have anything exactly like this. It looks like an older version of our 26-402, which is what is commonly used with the 15-216 pivot shoe. This may still work for you but it might require drilling new holes. I apologize for the inconvenience.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.