replacement channel balances

A handy person from Alexandria, Virginia says:
I am looking to repair two broken channel balances. The stamp on each reads, "30 3 DK Caldwell". Can you confirm if product code, "S380-31" 3030 is correct replacement part? If so, can you advise on what are correct clips that work with them?

Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Vr
Michael
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Michael. I'm afraid I cannot confirm what Series you have based on the stamp alone. You will have to carefully compare the dimensions of your nylon attachments to the ones we show for each of our own Series in order to find the one you need.
A handy person from Alexandria, VA says:
Thanks. I've confirmed that I have sashes compatible with the S380-31 3030 channel balances. Can you advise on suitable clips or other hardware necessary to complete the replacement repair?

Thanks again for your help!

Vr
Michael
Profile picture of Tom
Well, the S380-31 typically uses our 16-002 take out clip, but you may not have to replace it if yours isn't damaged. What kind of condition are your top sash guides in? These would be the nylon pieces screwed in on the top two corners of the sash. Are they damaged at all? If so, I will need to see pictures of one removed from the window along with detailed dimensions so that we can offer a replacement.
A handy person from Alexandria, VA says:
I just noticed a hairline crack in one of the top sash guides, it appears this part will also need to be replaced. Please confirm model needed based on previous photos and measurements provided.

Dimensions are: Top: 13/16" width x 2 3/4" length x 1 3/8" depth

I would like to place order soon; therefore, your prompt reply greatly appreciated.

Vr
Michael S.
User submitted photos of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for the pictures and measurements! This is exactly what we needed. These look like our 18-124P, top sash guides.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.