replacement for window balance spring shue, part # 4610108

A quick learner from Athens, GA says:
The piece is broken. It seems to be T-shaped, 1" wide, close-cam -- see photos. The part number is 4610108. I see that you have suggested your part 15-195, but that is 1-1/4". You also have 1" part # 15-194, but the spring hook seems to be different: in my case it is angled down (see the pictures) while in your case it looks horizontal. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
- Sergey
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211016_135703132.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211016_140116506.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211016_140319641.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211016_140327284.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20211016_140450088.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Sergey! Neither the 15-195 nor the 15-194 will work for your window. These are specifically made for 1/2" wide metal channels, but your balance channel is only 3/8" wide, and ribbed to boot. This is a very special type of balance so you can't just put anything on there.

The good news is that we sell the 15-230. I think you'll agree this looks much closer to your original, and it's specifically made for 3/8" ribbed balances just like yours. Check it out and let me know what you think.

A quick learner from erwin, tenn says:

casey,

i think i have the same problem. my channels are 3/8 inch deep.

they sent me S795-34 channel balance, 26-021 pivot bar and 15-194 shoe.

i think everything is correct except the depth of the channel balance and the shoe.

Steve told me to return them and gave me the link to this conversation hoping you could help me.

thank you

terry 

Profile picture of Tom

We can definitely supply this smaller, 3/8" balance for you. Before we go any further, I just need the following information:

1. The stamp printed on the metal channel
  2. The length of the metal channel itself
  3. Clarification as to whether it installs at the top using a hook or a screw
  4. Quantity

You may also want to send photos just to be 100% sure. Custom balances cannot be returned for a refund so photos will just add a little extra certainty to this whole transaction. I personally like to play it safe, but it's up to you.

A handy person from Mooresville, NC says:
Good day. I have a customer whose windows will not stay open. I believe I have identified the problem as defective shues. The clips that attach it to the metal channel have broke. I need six total. All three sashes measure 35 1/2" by 29 1/2". Pat. Number 4610108. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230123_175103.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hello there. Your shoe appears to be a match for our open cam version 15-195B. Look it over and see if you agree.

Also note that failure of the shoes like this usually indicates that the balances aren't far behind. They probably still have a year or so of life left but it might behoove you to tell the customer that. They should start looking into replacements soon.

Dimensions for 15-195B
Dimensions for 15-195B

Dimensions for 15-195B
Dimensions for 15-195B

Alternate view of 15-195B
Alternate view of 15-195B

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.