replacement "keeper" fpr certainteed double-hung windows

A home owner from massapequa new york says:
I need to replace a few of the awning type window "keepers" on my certain-teed double hung windows. the openings are (approx) 2 3/8" long x 3/8" wide x 1/2 " deep any advise ?
A customer submitted photo of a window hole.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Are you looking for a vent latch? If so, please see our 26-148. Do you think that will work for you?
A quick learner from Massapequa NY says:
Thanks for the response. The replacement part I am inquiring about is inserted into space on upper part of double hung Certainteed white vinyl window. The keeper part "pops" out like an awning allowing the window to open just a few inches before making contact with the keeper awning. The awning keeper can then be pushed in, flush with the window and allow the window to be opened fully .

If the part you recommended works in this way please let me know . I am not sure what role the hook plays in the 26-148 part? Please advise

Desperate in Massapequa
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. What you've described is, indeed, the function of the 26-148. They are called vent latches, or vent locks. However, I'm not quite sure what you had originally. The 26-148 is only a suggestion. You will have to confirm if it will fit in your window by comparing dimensions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)