replacement part for casement screen

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
You might be looking for SWISCO product code 70-005, Wire Tension Spring. The top of the spring, angle portion, is what sticks out of the hollow screen frame. If this is not what you have been searching for, please send detailed images by attaching them to a reply post.
A contractor from Issaquah, WA says:
Hi, we have a customer with lip bar casement screens and the method of holding the screens in is a little metal tension spring (but NOT a leaf spring), and I'm not finding a source for it. Sue Beauvais
A contractor from Issaquah, WA says:
To Donna, the part you referenced is NOT what we are looking for.

It is a very small, very flat looking metal piece that provides a compression fit on a lip bar casement screen.

The customer thought they were 10 year old Milgard vinyl windows, but Milgard says they are not.

Thanks,
Sue
User photo of their lip bar casement screen tension spring.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I wonder if our 70-030 corner spring would work?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
No, the 70-030, corner spring, is too bulky. The spring in the image Sue sent us is hardly adding any volume.
I currently cannot identify a replacement or substitute.
Sue, if you can send us another image of this spring removed from the screen, I would be happy to keep researching this for you.
SWISCO Screen Corner Spring [1080p]
SWISCO Screen Corner Spring [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.