replacement parts

A home owner from Dover, MA says:

Good pm

Seems like the center 'cartridge' like piece in these units is shot. Just twirls around without moving the window open or closed. Do i need to replace the whole crank? If so, would like to order one of each type.

Thank you

Jon 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CharlottesbathroomwindowIMG_0973.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CharlottesbedroomwindowIMG_0972.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Jon. Yes, if the handle gear is stripped then you need all new operators. See our 39-143 awning operator and 39-035 casement operator for my two suggestions. I feel confident these are what you want.

A home owner from CA says:
where can I buy only the spindle for the 39-035?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's not possible to replace the spindle by itself. Those are machine pressed at the factory, so once that breaks you need an all new operator. You won't find any company who sells them for that reason. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.