replacement window parts for seaway drive windows

A handy person from Fort Pierce Florida says:
I am looking for the parts to repair the windows in my condominium. The counter balance spring has a part # 1620 f stamped on it. The spring is 17 inches long. It appears the problem is the attachment of the spring at the bottom of the window. The condo is near the ocean and it looks like the nylon piece at the bottom of the window channel, along with the metal clips at the bottom of the window have fallen apart, so the spring no longer has anything to clip onto?

There are 60 units with multiple windows in this community in similar condition, so if we can figure this out, I will pass along the information to the other owners. Thank you for your assistance!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220108_082931.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220108_082936.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220108_082943.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220108_082957.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220108_083008.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings. Unfortunately, this is not the ideal window to have so close salty air. The pivot bars on the bottom of the sash are no longer available, but we suggest the 26-241 as a replacement. The pivot shoe will be 15-105. The 17" balance will be a custom 17" Series 770, with a 62-105 hook attached to the cord. Spring weight will be 17C for a sash weighing between 10-16 lbs. Let me know how many of these balances you'd like to order, and we can write up a quote for you. In any event, we suggest spraying all the corrosive parts with WD-40 to remove them and spray all the new parts with a silicone spray to cut down on the corrosion.

Thank you for the quick response Paul, I really appreciate it.

I am going back this weekend, and I will get a count of what's needed, and send it over to you

then.

Regards,

Skip
Hi Paul, Please send a quote over for all the parts needed to repair 5 windows.

My plan is to completely rebuild all 5 windows.

Thanks!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi there. Per Paul's recommendation, I just sent you an email with a purchase link to order (10) 17" Series 770 balances with the 62-105 Hook Attached. They will all be stamped 17C, for a sash that weighs 10 through 16 pounds. Please be absolutely certain this matches all the balances you need before proceeding. The 15-105 Shoes and 26-241 pivot bars are sold separately; they can be placed into your cart separately with the custom order. Let me know if you have any further questions prior to placing this order. 

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your follow up. Can you give me some tips on how I can confirm absolutely that the balances you have quoted me match what I have?

I have removed one of the balances to get the numbers off of it and any other needed information. All of the windows are the same and were installed when the building was erected.

Are there any tips or suggestions you can offer so I can confirm the patch prior to placing the order?

Thank you for your assistance!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Are the metal channels of each balance 17" long? Do the sashes they support weigh 10 through 16 pounds? And does each balance have a hook like the 62-105 attached on bottom? If so, these match the specifications for the custom order we've quoted you for. Let me know if anything differs at all.

Good morning Bob, sorry for the delay in my response, but I just got back to the property today, in order to check everything out. It looks like everything is a match, so I am ready to move forward.

Can you please resend the link to the order, so I may place the order for the needed parts.

Thank you all for all of your assistance!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Bob's not here today, but I'd be happy to resend the link he supplied you with previously. You should see that in your inbox in a few minutes.

How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.