ribbed balance shoe

A distributor from Michigan says:

Everything about your ribbed balance looks correct except for the shoe. I think it would still work, but if it doesn't how big of a pain to return? I'm looking for 20 of them, but Think I should start with 2 to make sure they work.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Steve Slater 1.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Our Ribbed Series 751 Channel Balances come by default with our 15-014 Knife-Lock Shoe. It appears your shoe might more resemble our 15-197 Great Lakes Shoe. We can custom make Series 751 balances for you that have this other shoe installed; just confirm that the dimensions match. We will also need the length of your existing balances, as well as a picture of the stamp code on the metal channel. A picture of any hook or tab they used to connect at the top of the window track would be useful as well. Also, how many balances do you need? From there, we can get this going for you. Many thanks. 

HERE ARE SOME MORE PICTURES. THE STAMP IS 29E, BUT I MADE A SITE VISIT AND THE BALANCES THEY HAVE ARE 29HD. THE MEASUREMENT OF THE BALANCE, NOT INCLUDING THE SHOE, IS 30". I WOULD BE LOOKING FOR 20 OF THEM RIGHT NOW.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named slater 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Slater 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named slater 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named slater 1.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. We can custom make a 30" Series 751 Ribbed Channel Balance with a Stamp Option of 29E, and with the 15-197 Great Lakes Shoe attached and a Rivet in the Second from Top Hole. If this looks correct to you, we will be sending you an email with a custom link to order (20) of these balances. Let me know if you have any questions prior to placing your order. Many thanks. 

THANKS BOB. JUST TO CONFIRM THOUGH, I NEED THE 29HD, NOT THE 29E. I'M NOT SURE WHERE HE GOT THAT ONE, BUT BEING AT THE JOB, I CHECKED SEVERAL WINDOWS AND THEY WERE ALL 29HD.
SEND THAT LINK TO ME AND WE'LL GET AN ORDER IN.

THANKS A MILLION
Profile picture of Bob

Yes, apologies; we'll go with the stamp option of 29HD then, for a window sash in the weight range of 15 through 22 lbs. I am emailing you a custom link to order (20) of these 30" Series 751 balances, with the 15-197 Great Lakes shoe attached. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns prior to ordering. Many thanks. 

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.