sash parts for CertainTeed window

Home Owner from North Canton Ohio
May 20, 2024 10:37 am
working on two windows. have looked up part identifier on your website, not sure if what i need is the certainteed pivot shoe 15-192 or the coil balance shoe, slate blue 15-177, the part i removed from the widow most resembles the 15-177. Also it appears to have a plastic shoe on the bottom window in the bathroom that i cannot or don't know how to remove the window.

thanks Jim
thumbnail_IMG_0182 thumbnail_IMG_0183 thumbnail_IMG_0185 thumbnail_IMG_0186 thumbnail_IMG_0188
5 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 21, 2024 3:03 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Since you have a CertainTeed window, the 15-192 CertainTeed Pivot Shoe would be the best replacement for your existing hardware. Although, since your shoe is an older, discontinued shoe, you may need to shave down the aligners on the shoe to install them.

Your exiting pivot bar may not be compatible with the 15-192 shoe; especially since the 15-177 shoe has been installed. It would help to see a photo of the pivot bar installed with the old CertainTeed hardware to determine the best possible replacement for this as well.

This shoe is compatible with the Series 170 Coil Balance, secured to the shoe using the 33-072 scrwe. To determine the correct coil for your assembly, I’ll need to know either the stamp/marking from the coil or the exact weight of the sash.

This assembly uses either the 15-156 wide lance spring cover or the 15-185 narrow lance spring cover.

Home Owner from North Canton Ohio
May 22, 2024 5:10 pm
Jasmine, Great job so far. Thanks. I'm sending pics of existing pivot bar left side assembly. The spring is marked 335 S.
Please inform be about the aligners i may have to shave down on the shoe. we may get this down before it rains. haha
Thank You Jim

thumbnail_IMG_0193 thumbnail_IMG_0194 thumbnail_IMG_0195
3 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 23, 2024 8:13 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Jim,

Base on the stamp from your coil, I believe you'll need the S170-335 Coiled Balance Spring. Two of these springs will support a sash weighing around 10lbs.

In regard to the aligners, they are the "nubs on the shoe. Once you receive the replacements, you'll need to determine if they need to be shaved down to get them installed in the window.

I hope this helps!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts