shoe or cam

A quick learner from Pittsburgh, PA says:
Hello,
I had a cam that broke, and I ordered all the cams that your had, but they were all too big:
(1) of 17-036 : LH Cam Pivot, 9/16"
(1) of 17-038 : LH Cam Pivot, 3/8"
(1) of 17-034 : LH Cam Pivot, 7/16"

I have a picture in the photo album of the new cams alongside an old cam. The old cam is 2nd from left.

So... I was thinking if the cam doesn't fit the shoe, perhaps I should replace the shoe. I tried and tried but could not twist the shoe out of the channel. I may end up cutting up towards the top of the channel to get it out. Please see how this shoe allows for the end of the channel balance to hook on.

Can you recommend what parts that I need? I really love your store as I have over 50 older window that I have been fixing with your channel balances.

Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I have received your pictures. This is a little, puzzling because normally the 17-036, 17-038 and 17-034 cam pivots are used in a pivot shoe similar to the 15-105. Your pivot shoe looks like our 1" wide 15-167, which is meant to be used with tilt bars more like our 26-021. I went back in my old catalogs and couldn't find a neutral cam like yours, ours are all left and right. Being that the cams are die cast and if one of the tilt cams you bought are the correct length, could you grind or file down the tip to fit in your pivot shoe?
A quick learner from Pittsburgh PA says:
Yes, I was about to haul out the grinder. Thanks for the excuse! :)

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.