single glaze window with wood casement

A quick learner from CA says:

Hi,

Our home was built in 1994, we have a few of these window cranks that seem to be stripped. They will crank the window open but they won't crank it closed, it's as if the crank is stripped when you try to close the window. We had a local window company take a look at this hardware and they think it might be "Truth" brand...? The size of the hole opening for the handle is 1/2". Do you carry these?

We also have broken levers for the locks on some of these windows. The lock unit measures 3" in length. Do you also carry these?

I forgot to mention the length of the window crank unit in the photos is 5".

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window crank closeup.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window crank.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window lock 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window lock 1.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We may be able to replace both this operator and the window lock for you, but we'll need to see both out of the window. For the operator, we need to see the configuration of the link arm(s). From there, we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. Many thanks.

A home owner from CA says:
Hello again, been a while. Still trying to find replacement parts for these windows.

Here are more photos and I found some part numbers.
One of the arms has part number 20810(about 9"), and the smaller arm with a curve is L30841, about (4 1/4").

We looked at removing the wood casement, but would like to wait until we have the parts to do that if possible. I looked at your casement parts page and saw a truth brand casement, but I think these are dual arm, not single...?

thanks, Jamie
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Kitchen crank 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named kitchen crank 5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named kitchen crank1.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

See our 39-031 and 39-032, or the 39-155 and 39-156. The only difference between these two sets of operators is the length of the link arm, so compare both with your old hardware to see what matches up.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)