single hung counter weight clips

A quick learner says:
I'm looking to see if I can buy more of these clips. May house is 15 years old, and they are breaking more and more.
any idea who build these windows so I can get replacements.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0579.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0580.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This part is called a pivot shoe; specifically, a "T" lock shoe, due to its shape. Yours in particular appears to be a match for our 15-236.

As for who made your window, I can't really say. These are generic parts used by tons of different manufacturers. It should also be noted that 15 years is about the upper limits of a balance's lifespan, so if yours are breaking this much then you should strongly consider replacing the whole balance. I'd be happy to help you with that, if that's something you wanted to pursue. Just let me know.

A quick learner says:

yes this looks like the part.

I am also interested in the full counter balance assembly. Please offer a quote for the full assembly.

Also need a few of the clips for the top of the window. these are the sliding clips to rotate the window for cleaning. if you need a picture of these, I can provide one.

Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing. So, if you need the full balance assembly, then that changes my recommendation a bit. You would want our Series 795 channel balance, but note that this assembly is not compatible with the 15-236. It uses a different kind of shoe that comes already attached to the channel. If you're buying this, you can ignore the 15-236 entirely.

It's also important to note that our Series 795 attaches to the top of the window using a screw, not a hook. If yours works otherwise, let me know and we can work from there.

Lastly, I will need a photo of that tilt latch whenever you can get it for me.

A quick learner says:
1) my counter balance use the clip, not the screw.
2) so what is the part with h]\the hook, not screw that contains the 15-236 cam part?
3) plastic release latch picture attached
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0593.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0594.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Okay, that's not a problem. Since yours uses a hook instead of a clip, you will need to additionally purchase our 26-200 (sold separately) and put that in the square hole I see there. The video below will explain in more detail exactly what you need to buy and how to get it to work. It's a very simple process.

We don't sell a balance that uses the 15-236 shoe, we only sell the shoe itself. The Series 795 should work perfectly fine for you as long as you use that 26-200 screw plug as per the video above.
Lastly, for the tilt latches, this is not a design I recognize but I think it might be an older version of our 26-243 and 26-244. Review our dimensions and see how well they compare.
Alternate view of 26-244
Alternate view of 26-244
Alternate image for 26-200
Alternate image for 26-200
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.