sliding door handle key option

A quick learner from Chula Vista says:
I need to add a key to a sliding glass door handle. The handle looks very much like the 82-063 and it seems to match the 3-7/8" hole spacing. You don't seem to have a key handle that matches the hole spacing. Also the aluminum extrusion is a little worn out. You think I can substitute with with the 82-009A latch and the 82-306 key handle? They seem to match and i can easy accommodate the 1/16" difference
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The 82-009A is fully compatible with the 82-306. If you are uncertain though, send us pictures of your existing handle set and we'll see if there's anything else to recommend.

A quick learner from Chula Vista says:
I believe that is the only combination that could work. The 1/16" difference I think I can modify for. I am sending you 2 pictures for verification. Thanks for you help.
Jorge.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_0040.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for showing a photo. I'm glad we checked. This actually looks much more like an older version of our 82-063. The exterior key handle that used to go with the 82-063 is no longer available. However,  82-306 is a good replacement option to consider. The mounting hole spacing on your handle is 3-7/8" (center-to-center) while the hole spacing on the 82-306 is 3-15/16" (center-to-center). It's only off by 1/16", so in a worst case scenario you might be able to fudge the 1/16" difference. It depends on the holes in the door.

That said, we've never had anyone confirm this combination works, so I can't guarantee that it will for you. If you're nervous about this, you might be better off replacing your handle set with one of the newer styles like the 82-005 or 82-009A, along with the 82-306.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.