sliding glass door lock broken

A home owner from Cottonwood Heights UT says:
I think the thing that best IDs the door lock is the protruding notched locking "post" that's mounted to the door frame,.... the door has a hole that receives the notched post when in the closed position. It also has a vertical "rocking" lock on the door handle assembly that locks when pushed on the top or bottom of the rocking lever. The house is built in 1982. I can send pic if needed.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, a picture would help. If you can, please show us a picture of the entire handle and lock set. Please also provide your dimensions. Thanks!
A professional from CA says:
Sounds like 82-262.
A home owner from Cottonwood Heights, UT says:
Providing photos as requested
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect! I agree, the 82-262 appears to be a good match.
A home owner from Utah says:

Sir or Madam,

My intention was to replace my "locking" handle assembly with another "locking" system. I think I neglested to specify that when I ordered the 82-262 set . Can please suggest a locking handle to replace the handle in the photo? hope this will work for you. If you need more I can send.

Thank you very much.

Keith

Profile picture of Tom
Sorry to hear the 82-262 didn't work for you. I'm not sure what you mean, though. Can you specify what you mean when you need a "locking" handle assembly? The 82-262 does lock. What issue were you running into, exactly?
A quick learner says:
By "locking" I meant to specify that the door can be locked from the outside, as well as the inside. I spoke to someone on the phone and they understood what I needed.. I guess that point was not clear. He said he would look for a system that would fit my needs.

Thanks

Keith
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for clarifying! So what you need is a key lock. I'm afraid we do not have the 82-262 with a key lock, but I wonder if you could substitute with our 82-005 handle set and 82-306 outer key lock. The 82-005 is a surface mounted handle. You will need to drill new holes in your door to mount it, since the original hole spacing of 3-1/2" is not that common. It comes with a keeper which you will also have to mount to your door frame. You might want to get a professional to install it to make sure you don't damage the door or glass.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.