spiral counter balance replacement, repair

A quick learner from Dubuque says:
I have several tilt sash windows with spiral counterbalances as shown in the attached photographs. The windows are in good condition, but will not remain in any open position. I need to rectify this in order to pass a rental house inspection.

How can I replace the parts?

Are there retrofit assemblies or parts that I can add to the window to solve the problem.

Can you identify who manufactured the windows?

Many thanks,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Hello. Jim. Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you may just need to wind your balance up with a charging tool such as our 75-006. You would wind it no more than 2-3 turns. Please review the guide I have for you below for additional assistance. If you do in fact want a new balance, we have a a couple that may work for you based on the diameter of your tube. Get back to us and let us know.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)