spiral springs

A handy person from longwood fl says:
i sent a email before i found this page, my length is 24 and 3/8 thick.it looks like they had a red tip. my problem is the noise they make when raising window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9608.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9609.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Sounds like you have S900-24 Spiral Balances. Does the window still operate, but just makes noise or there's friction when opening and closing? If so, you could try cleaning the jamb tracks with a silicone spray and seeing if that makes a difference. If the window sash doesn't stay up, you could try charging the balances with a 75-006 Charging Tool. See the guide below. Let me know what you think. 

A handy person from longwood fl says:
the noise is in the springs, i have packed them with vasoline and they stop a little. im going to check all of them before ordering the tool and spring. thank you.
what do the colors of tips mean
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The Color Tip options refer to the weight range the spiral balance is designed to support. If you look at the chart under the product description on the S900-24 shop page, you'll see the weight range for each color option. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.