Trying to ID hinge set, 1/8" recessed or 7/64"?

A quick learner from upstate New York says:

i'm trying to identify whether i need 1/8" recessed or 7/64" recessed hinge set. could you give me some direction as to where this measurement comes from? i have identified the hinge set as 79-128 Right 1/8" Recessed Door Offset Pivot Set, Arch but unsure of this 1/8" or 7/64".

Thank You

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The 79-128 was used on the older style doors made by Arch Aluminum. These pivots have a flat face while our 79-126 has a rounded face, and was used on Amarlite commercial doors. Would that still work for you?

If you aren't sure, send us some photos of your door and pivot set. Also look at the door to see if there are any Labels on it that identify the manufacturer. Offset wise, you are only talking about 1/16" difference. My concern would be the mounting hole locations. Take a look at the related videos, as well. They may offer some insight.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)