tilt latch and pivot shoe replacement

A handy person from roebling nj says:

have accu-weld windows series 2100.. need replacement parts for 2 of my windows. the part on side of window that helps them go up and down. looks like a metal gear inside. and plastic part that you push to the side so that you can tilt window down. parts need two of each.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1292.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1291.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for your correspondence. You are showing the bottom shoe of our Series 140 coil spring balance system. The upper nylon coil spring housing will have a spring weight number stamped on it--this should tell you the spring weight you need. As for the top tilt latch please, compare yours to our 26-243 and 26-244, as well as the 26-390 and 26-391 top tilt latches. See which pair is a better match. Let us know your thoughts.

in my cart i ordered the top tilt latches 1 left hand 26-243 and 2 right hand 26-244 no problem. now for the coil spring balance system. all of my windows have a number 10 stamped on the upper nylon coil spring housing. the bathroom window 32x18 have
7R stamped on the bottom shoe of coil spring balance system on both the right and left sides. the bedroom window that broke 32x22 left side which broke has 6R on it and a .9R on the right side on the bottom shoe. not any of my windows has a right or left on them they are all R. did someone mess up when co. installed all of our new windows, 9 yrs ago. can you tell me which sizes i need.
i would like one set for the bathroom window and one set for the bedroom window.

(living room window which is biggest 32x26 has number 11 on top and 10 on bottom) thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Paul

For the bathroom window (32 X 18) use the S140-7. For the bedroom window (32 X 22), use the S140-8. My guess is that the original builders of the bedroom window ran out of the S140-8 and used a S140-6 & S140-9 instead to balance the sash! This would certainly not be recommended, but the S140-8 should work for you.

Profile picture of Paul

Excellent. Let us know how you make out, and if you have any other questions just ask. Many thanks for your business, we do appreciate it.

thanks. will order as you suggested
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.