IMG_2270 IMG_2271 IMG_2273 IMG_2274 IMG_2276
5 user uploaded images
9 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 5, 2020 10:19 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Your balance looks like a match for our Series 795, but yours has a hook on top instead of a screw tab like ours. That means yours has to be custom made.

We can definitely do this for you, but I need more information before we get started. First, I recommend removing the balance from the window to ensure that the data you get us is accurate. Next, please tell me the width of the bottom, T-shaped shoe for both sizes. Please also confirm that both sizes have that hook I mentioned. Finally, how many of each did you need?

Home Owner from Glen Ellyn Illinois - 60137
Oct 8, 2020 12:27 pm
Attached are the additional pictures however I don't think replacing the individual balance/Sash is going to work. I couldn't figure out how to remove it and it looks to be one piece that holds in both sides and is virtually impossible to remove or replace one without taking the whole thing out. I can't figure out how to do that if you happen to have any tips I'd appreciate it
IMG_2291 IMG_2288 IMG_2292 IMG_2289
4 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 8, 2020 12:53 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm not sure that I understand the issue. These are usually pretty easy to remove. You also already removed a couple, based on your first batch of photos. Either way, you just unhook it at the top, tilt it down, then twist to remove. You have to twist it so that the "T" shaped shoe can come clear of the channel.

Oct 8, 2020 1:59 pm
Ok. The others were easy to remove because the shoes were broken. With the shoe on its really hard to get out of the channel without bending it up. Do I need to use the hooks? I could just drill pilot holes and screw the new ones in
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 8, 2020 2:31 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

If your old balance uses hooks, then you should stick with that. We don't know if the installers had good reason to go that route.

Oct 8, 2020 2:46 pm
Sounds good. Let me know what you think
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 9, 2020 8:23 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm happy to send you a custom order link, but I still have a few unanswered questions from my first response. I need to know how many of each size you need to purchase, and I need you to confirm that both sizes install using a hook.

Oct 9, 2020 9:27 am
6 - 25"
6 - 37"

And they all install using a hook
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 9, 2020 10:15 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Great. I'll email those over to you right now. Let me know if you had any questions.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts