top sash guide and windown channel balance

A quick learner from San Diego, CA says:

My top sash guide broke. I could not identify the right part from your web site. Additionally, I cannot identify the bottom part of the channel balance. The number on the channel balance is 33 4 as in the photo. Can you help me to identify them? Thanks.

Best regards,

CL

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P_20221124_130453.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P_20221124_130929.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P_20221124_130944.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P_20221124_131009.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. It looks like you have an extended-travel channel balance, which is a special type of window balance that is only available by custom order. What makes this balance special is the pulley wheel built into the bottom fitting itself, as well as an extended cord travel and a metal channel length of 33-5/8". We can help but I'd like you to confirm a few details before we proceed. Regarding the metal hook at the end of the cord, can you confirm if it's our 62-106 or 62-105? I'm afraid I can't get a good look at yours from these photos. Could you also confirm if the top fitting has wings or not? Finally, how many were you looking to purchase?

Hi, Emily,

Thank you for helping me to identify the top sash guide or stepped sash guide. The channel balance shown in my previous photos does not appear to be the special type with the pulley wheel built into the bottom fitting. I apologize for the misleading photos. Please see the newly attached photos taken at 90 degree rotation for details, especially the 3rd one.

i only need 2 of them to repair the broken one in my window.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

CL

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P_20221130_205804.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P_20221130_205816.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P_20221130_205825.jpg

Hi, Emily,

After reading your response and checking the 3rd photo I attached above, I finally understand what you meant by "the pulley wheel built into the bottom fitting". Could you advise the part number for the right channel balance I should get by examining the latest 3 photos I uploaded. Thanks.

Best regards,

CL

Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the additional photos! This is a huge help. I have all the details that I need on my end so what I'll do now is email you an order link and price quote for (2) balances. Please note, the manufacturer discontinued the non-winged top and bottom fittings on your original balance so the new replacements will have a winged top and bottom fitting. They will still work the same but I just wanted to give you a heads-up so you aren't surprised when you open the box.

As for the top sash guide, yours appears to match our 18-171. Take a look and see what you think. This won't be included in the order link I'm sending you so don't forget to add it to your cart separately! 

Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help! 

Hi, Emily,

Thank you very much for your help identifying the two types of parts for me. I have used the link you provided to complete the order of channel balance and top sash guide.

I really appreciate this service. I wouldn't be able to find the right parts without this. Thanks again.

Best regards,

CL

Profile picture of Emily

Awesome, thank you so much! We appreciate your business, and your kind words. 

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future. We're always here to help.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.