traco 4200 window coil balance

A quick learner from arvada co. says:
Can you tell me where to purchase a window coil balance for a Traco 4200 double hung vinyl window? I need one coil for each side. Thank you. Dan C.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Dan! We may be able to help you, but I'm not sure exactly what coil balance you have. Could I see a few pictures of your current setup? I'd like to see the pivot shoe and springs, if possible. Thanks!
A quick learner from arvada co. says:
HOW DO I SEND A PICTURE OF WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR? Dan C.
User submitted photos of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! Take a look at our 15-087 shoe. Does this look like a match? If so, you should also be interested in our Series 180 coil spring. Also check out our 15-086 housing, 33-072 screw, and 16-024 bracket. Let me know what you think!
A home owner from Hanover, IL says:
I have a Traco #TR911 window with a similar internal coil issue the gentleman from arco co had with his TRACO 4200 window. Should I order similar parts? I am also unsure of the coil size to order. This window is a standard window size in our living room.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for posting! Are the parts you have similar to the ones I suggested, or are they the same? It's hard to tell from these pictures. You should carefully compare the style and dimensions we show on our site and see how they match up to your own. If they differ in any way, tell me how. As for the coil spring, it's not the size you should be thinking about, but the strength. What is the weight of your window, and what numbers are stamped on the springs? How many springs do you have?
A quick learner from Stockton, CA says:
I have a Traco double hung vinyl window (series TR 4200 DH) and require two constant force balance systems which should include the attachment at the bottom of the top window.
Profile picture of Tom
I have placed you in an existing discussion regarding this same information. Please review the information above and let me know if it is any help.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.