two windows need part that keeps window from closing

A quick learner from Soddy Daisy says:
I have windows two windows 23" wide by 35" tall that appear to be the same window with two different devices that keep the window from slamming shut when you open it both are not working anymore as the windows will not stay open. One looks original the other looks to have an aftermarket one on it. The one that looks like an aftermarket part has 15HD stamp on it. The windows are vinyl and look to be original to the house that was built in 1995. One window has the AAMA sticker in picture and the other does not. I
Channel balance
Channel stamp
Window hardware
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I would check the length of your balance channel, I believe it should be 16" long. Can you confirm? Can you also tell me the weight of the sash? We should be able to replace this balance, though it will need to be custom made. I'm thinking it would be our S770-16 the bottom clip swapped out for our 62-105. Does that look good to you? If so, let me know how many you need and I can email you a custom balance order link, which will include a price quote.
A quick learner from Soddy Daisy, TN says:
Yes the balance channel is 16 inches. The weight of the sash is around 8lbs. The clip looks correct as well. I have two windows I need to fix so I need to pair or four of each... four balance channels and bottom clips.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you tell me the exact weight of the sash? 8 pounds is very light and doesn't match up to what I was expecting from your original 15HD stamp.
A quick learner from Soddy Daisy, TN says:
I just took the window all the way out and weighed it. 7lb 15 ounces exactly
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you! In that case, I think we will go with the 16B option, which can carry 7 through 10 pounds. I will email you a custom order link for four immediately.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.