window balance for simonton single hung

A quick learner from Cleveland, Ohio says:

Hello, I have a simonton single hung window with the sash weighing 19lbs. Windows are about 16 years old. I have multiple window balances that are broken. I was hoping you would be able to help me identify the replacement. Attached are pictures of the balance and coil numbers. There were not unfortunately any numbers on the balance cover. Each balance had 3 of these coils in the pictures. Please let me know what other identifying information you may need to help figure out a replacement. Thank you so much for your help

Brian

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1180.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1179.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1178.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1177.JPG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! You pivot shoe appears to be our 15-199. To confirm that this is the replacement you'll need, you may need to remove them from the window to properly compare the measurements.

Alternate view of 15-199
Alternate view of 15-199

These are typically compatible with our Series 160 and Series 165 Coil Springs. Although, since your is stamped with a #4.0, I am assuming you'll need the S165-4. Confirm that your coil spring is 3/8" thick to determine that this is the correct series for your coil balance assembly.

You'll need to check the other coils for the stamps to confirm which coil balance springs are the best replacement.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.