21 12 window balancer

A home owner from Florida says:
i have 22inch balancers. the stamp on the metal is 21 12 bs1 tc which channels should i order?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

There is no way to answer your question without seeing some photos showing us your balance. The numbers in the balance only indicate the spring strength of the balance and in no way helps with the identification of the part. Once we see the part, we can see which of our Series to suggest. 

While you gather everything for us, you may also want to take a moment and view our selection of different balances we offer here.

2 pics of balance. Do u need more pics?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15747810326771425937223213732189.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15747810794768487558996333896507.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the photos. Your balance closely resembles both our S351-22 and S390-22. The only difference between these two balances is the depth measurement of the bottom shoe. The depth of the bottom shoe is 1" and for the Series 390 is 1-1/8". Measure the depth of your bottom shoe, like in the diagram below, to determine which balance is the best match. Since your stamping does not correspond with any of our stampings, you will need weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the sash weight chart listed on the store page. 

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

just installed 2 balancers (S351-22) the window is on tract but doesnt stay up. could it be the window is to heavy for balancers? if so can i return the 2 for a more heavy duty one that can hold up weight?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think there's a good chance the strength of the balance you purchases (2120) was too weak. I'm actually not sure what your old stamp (2112) represents, that's fairly uncommon. Before you return anything, I recommend weighing your sash on a scale to get its exact weight. Then, refer to the chart on the S351-22 and let me know which option covers that weight best. We'll work from there.

thanks for your reply. i weighed my sash and its close to 37 lbs. should i get 37-40 lbs?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If it's under 37 pounds then I would go with the 2170 option. The 2175 might be a little too strong in that situation.

That's my opinion, though. If your weight is pretty much 37 pounds on the nose then you could theoretically go with either the 2170 or 2175 option, since both cover that weight.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.