window balancer

A quick learner from Seattle, WA says:
14 3 CALDWELL JM marked on the balancer

I need to order 4 balancers for two bathroom windows at my work place. I work in the facilities/operations department.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_0300.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_0298.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_0297.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_0296.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_0295.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

With this combination of attachments, you could have either an S380-15 or S385-15 channel balance. You’ll need to measure as shown below. The Series 380 has a 1" bottom attachment, and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" attachment. You will also need a 1430 stamp option.

If you have any questions just let us know! 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
A quick learner from Seattle, WA says:
I measured it and it appears to be the 1 3/32. It's a little over 1 inch.

What is a 1430 stamp option ?

The window frame where the balancers go doesn't have the little flip out stop on each side to position the balancer for removal or install. Are they supposed to be there on a small window frame like this?
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

A stamp option refers to the stamp on the metal channel, which indicates the weight range your balance is calibrated to support. In this case, yours reads "1430" which means that you'll need to select the 1430 option on the S385-15 store page. This option supports a sash weighing 10 to 12 pounds. Let me know if this makes sense!

As for your question, it sounds like you're referring to the take out clip. Your window should have had them; I don't know how else you would take the sash out without them. Are there any holes at all? They should look like two small rectangular holes, one on top of the other. A common take out clip is our 16-002. Could this work for you? Look it over to see what you think. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.