Channel Balance Inquiry

A contractor from Massachusetts says:
Hello,

I am trying to identify this window balance and pivot lock shoe. the balance is 1/2 x 9/16.

I will need a lot of these parts so i want to make sure we order the proper stuff.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. For your pivot shoe, see our 15-129. It looks like a promising match, but you'll want to compare the dimensions with your old part to be absolutely sure.

For your balances, see our Series 770 Channel Balances. Could you confirm the length of the metal channel? This will determine what length you should select. Based on your stamp code this should be 26", but your stamp is a little unusual. Most Series 770 stamp codes start with a number that represents the length of the balance, then show a letter that indicates the spring weight of the balance. Your stamp of '2600' is a little unusual in this regard, and it is not clear what stamp option you ought to select. To know what stamp option to choose, it is best to weigh your window sash. You can then match that precise weight with one of the weight ranges listed for each stamp option on the product page. Let us know what you think.  

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.