window balancing springs

A home owner from York, PA says:
Hello,

I have this spring on my window ( #5.0 35" PAT 5232208). two springs on each side of the window. Do you have replacement spring and related parts (plastic cover, pivot shoe)?

Can you also tell me the replacement part for window tilt lashes based on the window specification that I attached with this email?

Thanks,

Nick
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window_1.PNG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Nick. 

I am afraid the sticker on your window doesn't tell us what hardware it uses. We'd be happy to help but we'll need to see an undamaged pivot shoe and tilt latch removed from the window to compare to our inventory. 

Hello,

The spring that I have is #5.0 35" PAT 5232208; two springs on each side of the window.

Do you know the tilt latch for this window that I can order?

Thanks,

Nick
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220912_172012.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221005_081035.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221005_081035.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221005_101932 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221005_101928.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the additional photos, Nick! It looks like you have the 15-111 that uses the Series 160 coil springs. For a new double coil support, see our 15-150D. The #5 on your springs indicates that you would need a 5 pound coil weight but our Series 160 doesn't have that weight option. If you have a total of 4 springs and they're all stamped with the #5, this would equal 20 pounds of support. With that in mind, you could use (1) S160-4 4.5 pound spring and (1) S160-5 5.5 pound spring on each side of the window. With 10 pounds of support on each side, this totals 20 pounds of overall support. 

As for the tilt latch, I can't be certain without seeing an undamaged version removed from the window but you can start by having a look at our 26-243 and 26-244. Carefully compare our specifications with an undamaged version to see if they match up. 

Thanks a lot. This information will will me.

Thanks,

Nick
Profile picture of Emily

I'm happy to help! Good luck with the repair and let me know if I can be of further assistance. 

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.