window channel balance

A contractor from jacksonville says:

have a non tilt window and trying to identify parts to replace. can't figure out how to install either cause this window doesn't haver the clips inside the window Fram track at the upper part of frame that on other windows pop out so the bracket has something to hold bracket in place once its under spring tension so not sure how it goes back in. I didn't remove it so Im trying to figure out. I did send pick of these small plastic clips (4 for each window) maybe those are the key to installing new channel brackets. Im missing some of those small square clips too. The metal bracket not including nylon plastic fittings on each end is 29" long. Help me obi wan!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3695.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3717.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3697.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3718.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3720.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you have either our S351-29, with a 15-002 bottom attachment, or S390-29, with a 15-001 bottom attachment. Take a look at the image below to determine which balance you'll need. You'll also need a 2840 spring strength option for your replacement balances. 

We also offer the 16-002 take-out clips that are commonly used to remove these balances. Review the specifications below to see if you could install these in your window. 

The other clip shown in your photos resembles the 67-026 face guide. Take a look and thanks for posting! 

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

Alternate image for 16-002
Alternate image for 16-002

Dimensions for 67-026
Dimensions for 67-026

A contractor from jacksonville says:
thanks for info. now I have another part I need to determine what it is cause one of the channel guides are broken. See pic and advise on part to order. I did finally figure out how to replace channel balancers so once I get all my parts I'll be an expert channel balancer replacer. lol

Parrish
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3734.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3735.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3736.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

The top sash guide shown in your photos looks like a match to the 18-166 shown below. Review the dimensions to confirm that they match up to your part. 

Detail of 18-166
Detail of 18-166

Profile view of 18-166
Profile view of 18-166

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.