window channel balance

A home owner from Hawthorne says:
I am trying to order the correct window channel balances for my single-hung, tilting windows. The channel balance is stamped 34D and measures 34" x 1/2" x 1/2". I can see balances that look the same, but the pivot ends look very different from ours. Can you help? I will need two of this size balance and also one 28D and two 28C balances.
Thanks for your assistance.
Channel Balance
The pivot end of my balance was disassembled in my previous picture. Here it is assembled (both sides).
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the shoe does look different. The Series 795 comes with our 15-195 shoe by default, but yours looks more like our 15-195B. If you want, you can purchase these shoes separately, then just swap them when you receive your order. They just pop on and off. Would that work for you?
So do I purchase a S795-28 balance to replace both the 28C and 28D balances I need to replace? I was told the C and D indicate different spring strengths.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That's correct. You can see the available options on the S795-28 store page.
Can you buy just the pulley/spring holder piece versus the whole balance? This is the only part that is broken on many of our balance assemblies.
pulley
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I am afraid not. The balance is only available complete.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.