window cranks

A quick learner from Shoreham N. Y. says:
Hello , The screw holes to mount are 4 1/4 inches apart . The crank is 5 1/4 long.I need a left and a right
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2450 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2451 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2452 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2453 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

These operators are no longer available, unfortunately. The only related part we still carry is the mounting bracket, our 39-248. I've personally used the 39-365 and the 39-366 operators with the 39-504 under mount track. You'll need to do some adapting in order for these to fit the window. You'll also need to remove the existing operator and any type of sash bracket the operator used. I believe I had to make the operator opening 1/8" wider and taller to accommodate the new operator. Then, I installed the 39-504 track under the sash. It was a little tricky, but not impossible. Take a look at the related parts and videos on this page to see what you think. 

I also suggest checking your hinge set to see if its worn; you might want to replace it with the 36-048 hinge set. Just make sure the dimensions match up to yours and to replace the top and bottom hinges at the same time.

A quick learner from Shoreham N. Y. says:
Dave Sr. Thank you for your informative and timely reply. I'm going to give it a go.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.