window end balance capture

A home owner from CA says:
I have a home built in 1987 with the viking brand windows and the balances on my vertical opening windows are broken. The number on the balances are 2240 and 2230. Are they the same and is there an upgrade for these balances. The end of the window that catches the balances is broken also. (see photo). Where can I get replacements? Dimensions of the window are 31.125 wide and 21.125 high (that is glass dimensions without the frame) I also have 21 4 and 2 DT and AV CMC balances that seem to work for these windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7056.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7057.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7058.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7059.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us. I think we can help with this.

In my experience, customers with Viking windows have used the 18-009 black top sash guide, which just so happens to match the design of the one in your photo. I would review our dimensions just to confirm.

As for the balances, consider our Series 395. This comes with a 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom nylon fitting. Look them over and let me know if you agree. You'll have to match up the lengths and stamps you have to those we have on our site.

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask for an upgrade. They don't really make different versions of the same balance. For example, there's not a "better" version of the Series 395. There's just the Series 395 .

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We have received your sample. This balance you sent us is a match for our S390-22. Your old stamp of "21 2" means you'll want to pick our 2120 option a sash weighing 8 through 12 lbs.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.