window shoe was stuck

A quick learner from mount laurel nj says:
having trouble with window shoe. it is stuch below the bottom of the window. I can not wiggle it in. I am having trouble attaching a picture
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180511_111302.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180511_113426.jpg
A quick learner from mount laurel nj says:

Hi Jody it's a very handy man came over and put the window back in the ballast had come out I now know how to insert it I would like to get a stair shoe and ballast from you. 

I am also sending you a picture of insulation that I bought for the windows about a year or two ago I may have bought it from you it doesn't seem Sick Enough and at the time I don't think there was another choice. 

I still would like a replacement shoe and now a balance.the man from a very handy man came over that came over. He was not sure if it was fixed. So I might have to get him back. 

I'm attaching a a picture of the insulation

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1526056818389-1611042844.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1526056876010521592523.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm confident we can help replace this hardware for you, but we need more information. For the shoe and balance, we will need to see a picture of each out of the window. I believe you have a coil balance system, so see the video below for instructions on how to remove this hardware from your window.

For the insulation, I can't identify what you have without knowing your dimensions. I recommend looking at our entire selection here
A quick learner from Mt. Laurel, NJ says:
I can't get the coil balance out of the cut out because I can't push it past this screw. photos attached.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180515_095522.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180516_094552.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180516_100734.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180516_122854.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20180516_122807.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The company that has made your balance system has since gone out of business. We like to set you up with our Series 140 coil spring balance system. Before we can do that, we will need for you to provide us with the width of the pivot shoe and the weight of your sash. From there, remove the pivot bar and send us a couple of detailed photos with measurements.

As for the weatherstripping, may we have the measurements and dimensions of that as well? 

A quick learner from Mt. Laurel, NJ says:

Thank you for all of your help on this.

There is an imprinted 5 on each coil spring.

The sash weighs 20 lb. The measurements of the pivot bar are 3in in by 4/16 buy 3/16

The shoe is 1/2" thick x 1 3/16" W x 1 9/16" long.

My coils came out of the shoe, so the windows don't stay up. I was just wondering, because the shoes lock into place on the window tracks. Do you think they are really broken? I couldn't find videos on how to attach the coil to the shoe. 

I see that you are recommending a one piece unit and it would be good to replace everything. Do the coil springs stay locked in the unit? Can I have the same problem with the new ones.

I ordered the 3/16 x 3/16 gray wool weather stripping. But it slides in the track loosely and the pile doesn't make a tight seal. is there something that would work better?

Profile picture of Paul

For your 20-pound sash, you can use the S140-10 Quick-Tilt balance. For the pivot bar, it looks like you use the screwhole that sits 1-3/8" from the tip, so you can use our 26-405. Please review these suggestions to make sure they seem okay!

Profile picture of Paul

Ah, I'm sorry. I was so preoccupied with the balance and pivot bar that I forgot about the seal.

You mentioned you got the 3/16" x 3/16" wool pile but it was too loose. Can you tell me the exact size of the original?

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.