windows do not stay open

A quick learner from Hannibal ny says:
Hello. I have two windows that do not stay open. Do not know what manufacturer.

I removed the pivot shoes did not see any markings on it and am enclosing photos of it for sizing and I was trying to show where to coil attaches which is top side.

Pics also of the balance coil. I removed both left and right sides. Double coils on each side of window. Numbers on metal part is a 5 on all 4 coils. On the Left side there is a number four on the top coil cover (upside down 4). One the right side of the window number seven on the top coil cover (also upside down 7).

Did not take apart the other window. If you need me to I will. Thank you Paulette

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3055.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3056.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3057.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3058.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3059.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks f or your patience during this busy season, Paulette. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an exact match for this coil balance system. Would it be possible to get additional information? I'd like to know how thick and wide the pivot shoe is, for instance. I will also need the thickness of the coil spring itself. My thinking is that since I can't find an exact match, maybe I can find something that will at least work the same way. I have to know it'll fit, though, so that's our first step.

I am attaching sizing photos for pivot shoe. Hopefully you can use this as original is a bit damaged. The coil spring am emailing over width of coil itself and the coil roll photos
was unable to attach photos in orig. todays email to you. I measured the round coil width and then the width of the ban. I thought I had photos of the shoe but alas do not the shoe is fairly mangled
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3104.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3103.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3100.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us with this information. From your photos, we believe you can use the 15-228 pivot shoe and a S160-5 coil spring. These products are different compared to your originals but we think they will still work.

Thank you. What is your policy if they do not work?
I have learned what your return policy is. Thank you. Would this be considered a custom order incase parts don't fit.
Profile picture of Tom

You can see our return policy here.

I have located in your parts catalog and agree the pivot shoe would work. Since one case is broken would it possible to get the whole set up - two coils in cases attached to pivot shoe? I am not sure how to attach two coils to pivot shoe. Thank you so much. Your company has been a life saver so far.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid we don't sell this kind of balance setup as one kit. These parts aren't generally used together, only in special circumstances like yours, so we can only provide them separately. If you aren't able to reuse your cover, you can consider our 15-150D.

I looked at the cover part you recommend and took liberty of photos of inside cover that I have that broke. Will your part still work? Mine is a double coil as you probably know and will need to order two covers for each side. Do you recommend changing out all coils and covers and pivot shoes so all are updated?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3106.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN3105.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

To replace the broken nylon coil spring cover, you can use our 15-150; with that you would hook the bottom coil spring to the top opening on the 15-228 pivot shoe, similar to your old setup. The top coil spring will hook on the lower coil spring in the square cut out hole. The 15-150D double support just holds the coil springs in place, it isn't a case like your old coil spring housing.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.