Which dual coil balance support goes with the coil shoe

A quick learner from San Marcos says:
Which dual coil balance support goes with the coil shoe 15-177. I ordered the 1/2 inch dual support and the 3/8 inch dual support but I don't think either are correct.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You ordered 1/2" S152-5 coil springs, so use the 15-150D coil spring support. The support might not look like the old supports the window has, but it will work by floating in the support. There is no need for bushings for the springs – just the one screw at the bottom of the support.
A home owner from San Marcos Ca says:
Thanks. I have those now but they do not seem to fit well with the 15-177 shoe that I have. I wish you had a video of how to assemble these particular parts. If my original support cover had not broken it would all be easy to install. Going to try it now.

One more question, when I uninstall broken window balance, the coils are both screwed in on the same side going in the same direction. Is this correct as I have seen other people's pictures where the coils are screwed in one on one side of the shoe and the other coil on the opposite side of the shoe. Thanks for all the help!!
coil balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Some window manufacturers install the dual coil springs on the same side, and others install them opposite of each other. I recommend doing it the same way your window was originally set up.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.