15-192 System?

A quick learner from Normal IL says:

I need to replace both sides and would like to order the pivot shoe, 406 170 and 171 coils, covers, drums? Is that the complete system for each side? I still have the screws but was hoping I wouldn't have to buy everything separately? But if I do, what do I need?

Thanks,

Al

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 41B4E40D-83B1-4A8F-ADC8-B536D62E61BE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E71556C0-CCEB-4700-AD0C-63655A5D996C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 812D561E-B1F6-4B57-96A8-D1A7CB006D95.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Al. Yes, I am afraid these components are old separately, as they are with most coil balance systems beyond a few exceptions. If there are two coils on each side of the window, and both are stamped '406', then you'd need the S170-406 and S171-406 coils. For new covers and drums, see the 15-156 and 15-157. The video below goes into more detail. 

So I've installed the set but I'm finding the coils are too wide. The window will not move past the coils freely due to the window release/catch meeting the coil assembly in the interior channel. Do you have a narrower coil that would have the same strength as the 406 coils? My original coils are only 1/2" wide. Thanks.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

No worries, we've encountered this issue before. What I believe is happening here is that the tilt latches are getting in the way. Try installing moving the coil balances so that they're installed beneath where the tilt latches are while the window is closed. I think you'll find that this solves the problem. Let me know if you have further questions. 

That worked, of course. Why didn't I think of that? Lol, thanks for the help!
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.