15P102 balance match

A handy person from Arizona says:

Hi, I've bought some of your rollers (for sliding windows) and they've worked great -- thanks. Now I'm working on my double hung windows. I've attached three pictures of my caldwell window balances. I need to order two replacements. I think from other things that I've seen on the web that these balances have a 15P142 end and a 15P102 on the other end. But I've included the pictures. 

I also need take out clips for this window. Do you need a picture of it?

Thanks in advance,

John

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2634.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2635.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2631.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, John! I'm happy to hear our rollers are working out for you. We should definitely be able to help with this balance, too. 

I was able to use your photos to narrow it down to two possible replacement products, either our S380-33 or S385-33. The only difference between them is the depth of the shoe, so you'll have to measure that and refer to the dimensions we show for each part to confirm the better choice.

Regardless of which balance you go with, you will want to select the 3240 stamp option when prompted.

You also mentioned a take out clip. That will probably be our 16-002. Give it a look and let me know if I'm right!

A quick learner from California says:
Can you please help me to purchase the 2 window balances that I need? Hope you can read the measurements. Thinking I need: Caldwell 15p170, 15p102 are these 2 different balances. Or just 2 different numbers for the same balances? Thank you a million
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AF928C7A-F24F-4BCA-A778-EE3280656646.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 37CD7E6F-CD93-440C-AA3B-07AB48C51225.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 47666A67-00D3-4E02-9ABA-56BD5E1BBCF7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 743B0C4C-6680-41AC-AF19-21032515F3DF.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your photos. Based on what I see here, you have either our S380-32 or S385-32, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.